- Develop a concept in which the sand sculpture caters entirely for your specific wishes and goals
- Determine the available budget, provided by the event organiser, and draw up a proposal
- Visit the site, to see if there are any technical obstacles and personally finalise with the local event organiser the exact requirements
- Draw up a final agreement and contract
- Provide a design or designs (depending on the number of sculptures required)
- Provide a technical schedule and planning outline
- Recruit sand sculptors
- Provide a schedule and planning outline for delivery of technical equipment, materials, sculptors and staff
- Oversee the arrival of technical equipment, materials and staff, for on-site preparations
- Oversee the arrival of sand sculptors to start the sculpting process
The technical realisation of a sand sculpture is not as simple as it may seem. The most important factor is the right sand. Not all sand is suitable for building sand sculptures – in fact most are not! Therefore, analysis and testing of the sand prior to planning a sand sculpture event is essential. If, after testing, the sand is not found to be suitable at site, it has to be located elsewhere and shipped to the location, where the sand sculpture is intended to be built. The location itself should meet certain requirements, depending on the type of location, such as beach or inland, and the size of the required sculpture. Before you start planning a large scale public event, WSSA can conduct a site inspection to make sure your event is going to take place at the right spot.
Drawing and planning
Entirely according to your wishes we will provide a design or designs, depending on the number of sculptures required. These drawings will be an artist impression of the final result of the sculptures. And last but not least, we will provide a technical schedule and planning outline, to be incorporated into your over all event planning.
Marketing and PR
To attract as many visitors as possible, we can assist you in defining the optimal parametres. This will enable you to make full use of the value of a sand sculpture as the main attraction of your event. We can also assist you with the compilation of press releases for the media, by providing you with the “need-to-know” and “fun-to-know” specifics on sand sculpture. If sponsorship of the event is required, we can assist you with compiling sponsor packages. At the same time, we can provide you with a list of items which can be of interest to other companies, in terms of material and financial sponsoring.
Recruitment of sand sculptors
WSSA has a world wide database of professional sand sculptors at its disposal. Each sculptor is personally known by our staff and all relevant information on every single sculptor is kept on file. In order to provide you with the best sculptor team we can select team members on all kinds of relevant criteria. Experienced sand sculptors have acquired their own specific skills, varying from architectural to anatomy. Depending on the required skills needed to carry out the project we can select a number of experienced sand sculptors and specific technical staff from our database and compile a specialist team up to 100 sand sculptors or more that will guarantee the best result.